Turkey offers much more than meets the eye - between the beaches and bustling markets lies a wealth of interesting history filled with religious and literary figures.
The Asian part of Turkey is dominated by the dry plateau of Anatolia; the coastal areas of Anatolia consist of fertile lowlands. The country, especially northern Turkey, suffers from severe earthquakes. Mount Ararat, the highest point in Turkey at 5,137 meters (16,854 feet), is the biblical resting-place of Noah's ark.
If I had to choose one country that fascinates me the most, without thinking, that would be Turkey! So much history happened there, so many beautiful landscapes to see all around the country, so much cultural richness to feel, friendly and unique people to meet and delicious cuisine… all of these in one country.
1. City of Troy
2. 2 of 7 Wonders of the Ancient world are in Turkey
3. First Christian church is built in Antioch
4. Istanbul was capital of three empires
5. First known university
6. Cuisine is one of the most diverse
7. Most famous drink is Turkish coffee
8. Turkish people are very hospitable
9. The origin of word “turquoise” comes from the French word for Turkey (Turquois)
10. Tulips, the symbol of Netherlands, originate from Turkey